Moving to cloud based Software
We often get asked………..
“What if I moved to Accounting software in the Cloud”
Well having tonnes of experience with the traditional and online software, I have compiled some quick advantages of online software and the disadvantages of staying with traditional software.
Accounting software that is not available via the cloud can be tedious. Traditionally, it can take far too much of your business time and effort with manual entry not now is just not necessary, Cloud software can save your company time and money. I have put together the advantages of cloud-based software and the disadvantages of traditional software.
With the recent changes with of MTD, we have seen a lot of businesses move to the cloud, We have supported many clients getting them set up and ready months before MTD. We can also support and train your staff too.
- You have a clear overview of your current financial position, in real-time.
- Multi-user access makes it easy to collaborate online with your team
- Automatic updates mean you can spend more time doing what you love.
- Everything is run online, so there’s nothing to install and everything is backed up automatically. Updates are free and instantly available.
- Upfront business costs are reduced – version upgrades, maintenance, system administration costs and server failures are no longer issues. Instead, they are managed by the cloud service provider.
- The data is secure, the cloud is one of the most secure ways to store your data.
- There are many bolt-on addon’s available to help enhance the software to your needs
- Flexibility to work where you like and when you can access the data wherever you have internet and also via an app.
- Live bank feeds are available.
- Data input can be automated to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Compliant with MTD and HMRC legislation, updated instantly.
DISADVANTAGES of traditional accounting software
- The data in the system isn’t up to date and neither is the software.
- Only one person has user access. Key people can’t access financial and customer details. The software can only be accessed on-site.
- It’s costly and complicated to keep backups.
- It’s expensive, difficult and time consuming to upgrade the software.
- Customer support is expensive and slow.
- Businesses often use USB sticks to provide data to accountants etc, this is not secure and is a risk of losing data and not meeting data protection laws.
- Support for the software is limited as most providers are no longer supporting the stand-alone software which means any problems you may not get the help or could not be a priority.
- You have to be in the office to use it.
- No automated input availability meaning slower data entry and accuracy
- No Live bank feeds.
- If your computer breaks and you have no server or online backup, you have lost everything.
We have moved lots of clients over to cloud-based software, talk to us today on how we may be able to help you to take the leap!!!!! If you haven’t already. Or maybe you need help with the new software, we are flexible in the services we offer and always here to help.